Attached is my My Heuristic Usability Evaluation of Blogger.
Scoring is measured as:
0 usability catastrophe
1 serious usability flaws
2 significant issues
3 minor concerns
4 generally usable
5 exemplar for usability
The main conclusions from this evaluation:
Blogger is generally very usable and useful to users with very good usability.
- 4.2 average score.
- One third of the areas of Blogger’s usability scored 4.
- 5 out of 12 areas of Blogger’s usability scored 5 – exemplar usability: design a simple state space; visible system status; matches language with target user group needs; facilitates learning and effective error management was the most successful element of Blogger.
- Only 3 areas of Blogger’s interface showed minor concern about usability – giving users control and freedom, help, and navigation.
No main areas with significant issues, but the most significant were the poor utility of linking functionality and poor utility and features for managing blog performance and stats.
- No areas with serious usability flaws or catastrophes.
- The ‘Area for Improvement’ highlighted within this evaluation indicate how this could be improved and are recommendations for further redesign.
- Click here to download my Heuristic Usability Evaluation of Blogger
- See related post – click here to see usability review of WordPress.com
- See related post – click here to see usability review of Xanga
- See related post – click here to see usability study of blogs published by Xanga, WordPress.com, Blogger, Typepad and LiveJournal.
Feel free to Share!